The following outlines the steps involved in certification from the initial application to the certification decision.
For a detailed step-by-step process, please refer to the BTM Certification Guide (PDF) p. 15-20.
Apply through our online application process
The online application process allows you to document your education and experience against the BTM Certification standards. You must first be a registered member (membership is free) to create your online application.
*After registering for membership you will need to return to this page to initiate your Certification Application, as you will need a username and password to access the application forms.
- Open to all, please circulate in your networks
- Upgrade from Associate to Professional also possible
What to expect during your Online Application:
- You will login to our site with your member username and password, and click on "Apply for Certification" menu item under Certification.
- You will apply to the certification of your choice, and will then process the appropriate certification payment which will appear, whether in process or completed, under the "My Subscription" menu item under My BTM Forum.
- Once payment is completed, you will be able to proceed to the certification process inside our portal, by clicking on "My Certification Application" menu item under My BTM Forum.
- Once the certification process will have been completed, which may take a couple of weeks as the assessors process your application, you will be issued a certificate that will be avaible under the "My Certificates" menu item under My BTM Forum.
Please have the following information on hand to complete your application:
- Current Employment
- Educational Background
- 3 Peer References names and contact information
Once you have submitted your application, you will be emailed a confirmation
A Background Validation will be undertaken and you will be contacted with the results within 5 business days.
A Board Assessment (For Professional and Executive Class Only) - a short interview will be conducted where you will present yourself to the BTM Forum Certification Council.
The BTM Certification Council will review all elements of your application and provide final ratification.
Upon successful completion of your certification application, you will be notified by email and presented with a digital certification badge.