Date and Time
|June 4th, 2016||Edmonton, Alberta|
|8:00 AM – 6:00 PM|
- This open invitation to BTM schools to share their respective program and graduate accomplishments.
- This is a unique opportunity for BTM Program Directors to present how BTM standards have been adopted and implemented within their school.
- Program showcase and/or innovative educational practices will be included as Poster topics.
- Tables & Poster Boards will be made available to Program Directors who will engage participants in lively discussion and mutual learning.
- 9:00–9:30-Registration & Continental Breakfast
- 9:30–9:45-Opening Remarks ITAC Talent
- 9:45–10:40-The Critical Role of Engagement at a BTM oriented School – A Director’s Perspective
Presenter: Ozgur Turetken, Ph.D., Professor & Director Ted Rogers School of Information Technology Management, Ryerson University
- 10:50–11:45-The Critical Role of Engagement at Simon Fraser University – A BTM Advisory Board Chair’s Perspective
Presenter:Nelson Lah, Executive Consultant & Chair, Simon Fraser University BTM Advisory Board
- 11:45–Noon-Break and Lunch Set Up
- Noon–12:45-Lunch and Networking
- 12:45–1:30-Panel Discussion: The Start-up Mindset: Innovation, Disruption, & Creative Collisions
Panel: Steve Eppley, Director of Information Technology, Edmonton Economic Development Corp.,
Noreen Hoskins, U of Alberta EHub,
- 1:30-2:15-Building a BTM Program: From Degree Proposal to First Graduates
Presenter: Patricia Genoe McLaren, PHD, Area Co-ordinator & Associate Professor, BTM Lazaridis School of Business & Economics, Wilfred Laurier University
- 2:15 – 2:30-Break
- 2:30 – 3:10-Evolution of the BTM Standards
Presenter: Stéphane Gagnon, Ph.D. Associate Professor, Université du Québec en Outaouais
- 3:10 – 3:30-National Occupational Standards: The Employability Factor
Presenter: Ben Akoh, Ph.D. (Candidate), Standards Development Director, ITAC
- 3:30 – 3:45-Break
- 3:45 – 4:30-Panel Discussion: The Challenge of Talent Management in Business Technology
Moderator: Dale McNeely, Director Business Career Services, University of Alberta
Panel: Mike Battistel, VP Information Technology & CIO, Athebecsca University,
David Booth CIO City of Edmonton,
David Oh, CIO & VP Innovation & Technology Services, Alberta Gaming & Liquor Commission
- 4:30-4:40-Conference Close
- 4:45-6:00-BTM Program Showcase